Hike offers built-in integration with WooCommerce. Connect your Hike store with WooCommerce to seamlessly integrate your in-store Hike POS and WooCommerce eCommerce store.
This will give you complete control of your data, including:
- Product details & variants
- Product categories
- Customer profiles
- Sale transactions
- Payment history
Important note before you begin the integration
- For the first time sync, the data will sync in one go, any data added in after the integration will go one by one. So we recommend you to have your data nice and clean in one platform before the integration, it will boost the sync process.
- Hike does not allow duplicate SKU neither Barcode, please make sure there is no duplicate SKU or Barcode in WooCommerce before the integration.
- Since after the integration any data modification will update between tow platforms, we highly recommend you to take a back up of the most up to date data before you start the integration. Please check how to export product from Hike, you can also export from WooCommerce.
- Apply tax rule: as both Hike and WooCommerce have different tax setting options, please make sure they are consistent in both platforms. Which means if the price you entered in WooCommerce is retail price inc tax, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax inclusive prices” ticked. If you entered price ex-tax price in WooCommerce, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax inclusive prices” un-ticked example as below:
- Hike gift cards, discount offers, and loyalty point will not sync with WooCommerce.
- Integrating WooCommerce with other platforms may affect the sync with Hike, for example any third party integration that changes your price, SKU or barcode. Please test this thoroughly before the integration.
- Once your Hike and WooCommerce is integrated and synced, please do not delete the integration and re-integrate unless you are looking to start from scratch, if you are facing any issue please feel free to contact our support team
Here, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to integrate your WooCommerce website with your Hike POS. You’ll activate the integration in 2 main steps:
- Connect Hike & WooCommerce
- Apply setting rules
Note: To get started, make sure that you’ve logged into both Hike & WooCommerce
Connect Hike & WooCommerce
- In Hike, open the Store Setup tab, and click on Integrations.
- From there you will find a list of applications to which Hike connects to. Integrate your WooCommerce account, by clicking on Activate to the right of the WooCommerce icon.
- A new screen will appear entitled Connect to WooCommerce. Here you will be asked to enter your:
- WooCommerce Shop URL – The URL of your WooCommerce store, i.e http://woo.storename.io
- WooCommerce Consumer Key – Found in WooCommerce Settings
- WooCommerce Consumer Secret – Found in WooCommerce Settings
- To obtain your WooCommerce Consumer Key and your WooCommerce Consumer Secret, you must first log in to your WooCommerce account.
- From your Dashboard, navigate to WooCommerce Settings.
- Select the API tab
- Choose Keys/Apps from the sub-menu
- Click on the Add Key button
Note: An API Key is a unique value key that is assigned to a user, giving he/she full access to their data to a service.
- Once you click on Add Key, you will be taken to a new screen to create an API Key. This does not affect your WooCommerce store in any way, but it does assist Hike to connect and sync with your WooCommerce.
- You will now need to complete three fields:
- Description: Can be any name to help you find it afterward
- User: Choose the User from the drop-down list
- Permissions: Must be set to Read/Write from the drop-down box, enabling Hike to have access to your data.
- Click the GENERATE API KEY button to proceed.
- Now you will see the information details for your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. Make a note of this information in a safe place, or copy and paste the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret directly to your Connect to WooCommerce screen in Hike now.
Note: Please note that once you leave this page you will not be able to recover it. To integrate WooCommerce with Hike again, you will have to click on Revoke Key, and delete the API Key you just made, and create a new one. Ensure you have you saved this, the first time.
- Copy and paste your Consumer Key and Secret.
- If you’re unsure about your WooCommerce store name, you can find it by going back to your WooCommerce dashboard, hovering on the home icon next to your username, and selecting Visit Site.
- Here you will be directed to your eCommerce store site, where you can grab the store’s URL.
- Enter in all Store’s URL, and click on Connect. Once your connection to WooCommerce is active, you’ll automatically be redirected to the WooCommerce settings screen in Hike.
Note: If you want to make sure that your WooCommerce integration with Hike has successfully been activated, Close the settings screen, and you’ll land back on Hike’s Integrations page. You’ll notice that next to the WooCommerce Integration row, the Activate option has been replaced with Manage, which means you have successfully activated the Hike + WooCommerce connection.
- In future, you can revisit the settings by clicking on the Manage -> Sync settings as shown in the screen below:
Now it’s time to provide your sync settings
On the WooCommerce settings screen, you’ll be able to establish exactly how you want your Hike & WooCommerce pairing to work.
Hike Outlet for Inventory Sync
Select the outlet/physical inventory location your WooCommerce store will draw inventory from. It could be one of your outlets or a central warehouse you dispatch online orders from.
Do you keep separate inventory for online sales?
If so, create a new outlet in Hike, name it ‘eCommerce’ or any other name that works for you and link it here. This way, Hike will track your online sales and orders as a separate outlet.
Your online orders will link with your selected outlet and will appear under its ‘order history’.
When you receive an online order, it will appear in this outlet’s order history as a ‘parked’ order. Now you can pick-n-pack the order using your Hike register and once dispatched mark it as complete in Hike. Hike will update the status back to WooCommerce.
This way, you’ll only need to use one system to manage ALL your orders – online and in-store.
WooCommerce price type
WooCommerce presents 2 different price options for sales: Regular Price & Sale Price. Here, Hike is asking you which WooCommerce price type you will use to sync between Hike and WooCommerce. WooCommerce allows you to edit the pricing of your product in those two ways
This is the final price that the product is being sold for. Will apply to both Hike’s in-store sales and WooCommerce’s online sales if selected.
This is the discounted sale price you create/edit against the product in WooCommerce however Hike will update the price overall, or this Sale Price field if being used.
Hike Recommends: We suggest syncing with Regular Price only as syncing with Sale Price will update all products with the sale/discounted price.
Hike register for payments
Check this box if you’d like to track and reconcile your online order payments in Hike. Checking this box will bring up a drop-down box of all the registers in your chosen outlet.
From now onwards, when you close the cash register at end of the day/shift, it will also include the WooCommerce payments in the daily receipt summary. You can revisit this summary at any point in time to verify payments against the online order dispatches.
Hike Recommends: We suggest a dedicated cash register for your online sales with WooCommerce to give you greater transparency on online sales transactions and payments. It will also help to manage your register report because any sale sync from WooCommerce to Hike after you close your register will re-open the register which integrated with WooCommerce. Please check How to create outlets and registers, there might be an additional charge based on which subscription plan you have, please check the Hike plan price before doing any change.
Hike Tax / WooCommerce Tax
‘Hike tax’ lists all the sales tax options set in Hike. ‘WooCommerce tax’ lists all the tax options already set in WooCommerce. Map the correct tax so that when orders are sync’d, the tax amounts are matched correctly.
To correctly map tax classes in both systems, we suggest you create all relevant taxes in Hike and WooCommerce both and map those on this screen
This is where you’ll select how your data is synced, and managed between Hike and WooCommerce.
There are different sync settings you can select based on your requirements. We’ll explain how each can be synced to and from Hike, with examples below.
WooCommerce -> Hike
Update inventory in Hike when an order is created in WooCommerce
When order placed in WooCommerce, it will update the product inventory involved in that order in Hike at the same time.
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products included in this sale are already synced to Hike
- If this setting is off your inventory may not match between Hike and WooCommerce
- If this setting was off, and later on turn it back on, please make sure reconcile your stock in both Hike and WooCommerce
Send full WooCommerce order to Hike and save in Hike's sales history
When order placed in WooCommerce, the order will sync to Hike, and you can check it in Hike sales history like below
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure all the products and customer included in this sale are already synced to Hike, if there is any unsynced item in this sale, it will not sync
- Draft order in WooCommerce will not sync to Hike
- Hike will only take the new sales processed after the integration, any pre-existing sale in WooCommerce will not sync
Send new products created in WooCommerce to Hike
Any new product created in WooCommerce will sync to Hike.
Note: If you are planning to delete any already linked product, you need to delete on both platforms.
Update inventory in WooCommerce when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike
The stock will update in WooCommerce if there is any sale, purchase order or stocktake processed in Hike.
- Manual stock adjustment for the products will update only from Hike to WooCommerce; any manual stock adjustment happened in WooCommerce will not update in Hike, so we strongly recommend to manage your stock in Hike
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products already synced to WooCommerce
- Hike supports fraction sale feature however WooCommerce does not support it. If you are going to sell your products in a fraction in Hike, it will cause the problems with the stock level. Please consider carefully and test thoroughly before the integration
Send new products in Hike to WooCommerce
Any new product created in Hike will sync to WooCommerce if they have eCommerce channel active in Hike like below (you will find how to activate it from Product support)
- The composite product will not sync to WooCommerce but individual products included in this composite product will show in WooCommerce as individual products
- If you are planning to delete any already linked product, you need to delete on both platforms
Product SKU Reference
Hike uses the product (Stock-Keeping Unit) as a unique identifier for your products. This is standard practice for most leading accounting, POS and eCommerce platforms for the retail industry. However, some eCommerce applications do allow to create products without SKUs. To solve this discrepancy Hike lets you choose one of the following two options:
Sync non-SKU products to Hike and auto-assign SKU numbers
Selecting this option will trigger Hike to automatically create SKU numbers for products that are being added, but do not have an existing SKU.
Do not sync non-SKU products and their sales orders
Selecting this option will NOT add products that do not have SKUs. Enabling you to create them first in your integrated platform manually. Customer sync
The customer is 2-way sync by default.
Once you’ve completed all the necessary steps, it’s time to save and start syncing. Click on the Save button at the top to go on.
Hike Tip: If the Save button is greyed out, it means you have not completed a step. Ensure you have completed everything on the page, before moving on
Please be advised that syncing your data across may take some time (depending on the number of products and customers you have in system)
1. How the variant product will sync between Hike and WooCommerce?
Hike to WooCommerce: If it is a variant product in Hike all the variants will sync to WooCommerce and list as variant options under one product.
If it is a simple product in Hike, it will sync to WooCommerce as a simple product.
WooCommerce to Hike: if it is a variant product in WooCommerce, it will sync as a variant product in Hike.
If it is a simple product in WooCommerce, it will sync to Hike as a simple product.
2. How the different fields are mapped between Hike and WooCommerce?
Hike product name: WooCommerce product name
Hike variants: WooCommerce variations
Hike description: WooCommerce description
Hike SKU: WooCommerce SKU
Hike retail (ex tax) price: depends on your tax setting rule, please refer to Apply tax rule
Hike retail (inc tax) price: depends on your tax setting rule, please refer to Apply tax rule
Hike stock: WooCommerce stock quantity
Hike product type:WooCommerce product categories
Hike tags:WooCommerce product tags
Hike Image:WooCommerce product image
3. How the WooCommerce payment method will display in Hike once synced?
No matter what sort of payment you applied for a Sale in WooCommerce, it will show the payment name as “WooCommerce” once synced to Hike.
4. If I have a sale in Hike including products having eCommerce sales channel active as well as inactive, will it update my stock in WooCommerce or not?
Yes it will update the stock for your product in WooCommerce if you have ticked the option “Update inventory in WooCommerce when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike
5. If I don’t want to sync a particular product to WooCommerce, what should I do?
You can simple untick the sales channel “eCommerce” in Hike for that product. Please note, if you mark this product as inactive in Hike but still tick “eCommerce”, it will still sync to WooCommerce.
6. How the shipping charge will display in Hike?
If the shipping charge is added for sale in WooCommerce, it will be added as an extra line in Hike invoice like in the below. The shipping tax based on the general tax setting, Hike will take only the total of the shipping
7. How do I quickly find the liked product from Hike in WooCommerce?
Once you finalise the integration with WooCommerce, you will see a sync icon next to each of them in the product list, simply click on the sync icon you will see the sync log. Then click on the WooCommerce icon on the top right corner it will direct you to WooCommerce page with the linked product.
8. If I have plug-in in my WooCommerce account, will it sync?
No, Hike is not syncing any update came from the plug-in with the third party.