Setting Up DYMO LabelWriter 450 / 450 Turbo For PC
As a compact and portable printing device, the DYMO LabelWriter 450 / 450 Turbo, let’s retailers customize and print up to 71 four-line address labels per minute. Not to mention it’s capability to create shipping lines, file folders, barcode labels and much more, all straight from your Windows PC.
Incredibly versatile, the DYMO LabelWriter is a perfect piece of equipment for any business, looking to enhance their store’s productivity and increase efficiency.
Fully compatible with Hike, here’s our How-To Guide for setting up your Dymo LabelWriter 450/450 Turbo for your Windows PC.
Before you get started
First and foremost, it’s important to be aware that some Dymo LabelWriter’s manufactured after April 2014, require an update from DYMO in order to be compatible with USB 3.0 ports. For more information on how to update your Dymo LabelWriter printer, head over to their website.
You should also ensure that the labels that you have bought are compatible with Hike. Although DYMO supports a wide-range of label sizes, when using with Hike we recommend you use 11352 DYMO labels for your printing needs.
To get your printer set-up and ready to start printing barcode labels, there are just three things that need to be completed:
- Installing the DYMO Drivers.
- Setting the print preferences in Windows.
- Select the label printing format in Hike
Step One: Installing DYMO Drivers
Printer software, otherwise known as drivers, is essential for your PC to be able to communicate with your DYMO printer. As drivers are constantly being updated to improve hardware, it is necessary to install updated drivers, so that you can print labels directly from Hike.
To do this you must:
- Download the software from the DYMO website
- Once the software has finished downloading, open it and follow the DYMO Setup Wizard to install it.
The Setup Wizard, may look something like this:
- Connect your DYMO LabelWriter to your computer with the USB cable provided.
- Load your labels into the printer. If you’re unsure as to how to do this, please refer to the DYMO 450 Turbo Instruction Manual. You can find copies of this on the Manuals tab on the DYMO website.
Step Two: Setting Print Preferences in Windows
Performing this step is simple.
- Open the Start menu on your desktop PC and navigate your way to the Control Panel.
- From here, open the Devices and Printers sub-menu by double-clicking on the icon.
- Right-Click on the DYMO printer and select Printer Properties.
- Once in the Printer Properties window, there will be an option called Preferences, at the bottom. Click on Preferences and then choose Advanced on the menu that appears on the right-hand side.
- This will open a new window. You will be able to verify that the paper is set to exactly the same type of label you loaded into your printer earlier on.
Step Three: Print Label in Hike
Now it’s time to start printing labels in Hike, so let’s do a test run!
Go to your Hike store and choose a product to print a barcode for. Choose your label type and then click Print.
When the Print Preview screen pops up, click on More Settings to edit the printing preferences of how your label will print.
First, you will need to select Paper Size from the drop-down box, and select the size code of the label you are using.
Next, select NONE in your Margins options.
Once that has been completed, select PRINT to print out your Dymo labels.
Ideally, when doing a test run you should print out a run of at least 5-10 barcodes or more to ensure that the alignment is completely perfect. It can be a time-consuming mistake if not!
As well as batch-printing barcodes, you can also print single labels for individual products by choosing the Print Label button on each individual product page.
That's it, simple, right? Get started printing those labels right now, what are you waiting for?
Learn more about creating and printing barcode labels using your DYMO LabelWriter 450