Step by step instructions on how to configure and use Mint mPOS Merchant Eftpos with Hike Point of Sale on your iPad. At this time there is no option to connect your PC or Mac to the Mint Payment Device.
Connect Mint mPOS Merchant Eftpos to iPad via Bluetooth
The first step in using your Mint mPOS Merchant EFTPOS device is to connect the device to your iPad via Bluetooth.
- Turn on your Mint device
- Make sure your iPad Bluetooth is on
- Open Settings of your iPad, go to Bluetooth
- Choose Mint device on the device list, connect it to your iPad
- If the Mint device is not detected, press and hold the green tick button on it until your iPad detects the device.
- You will be asked to confirm the Pairing number on the iPad matches on the Mint device
- Press the green tick button on the Mint Device to confirm pairing
- When the pairing is successful, go to the Hike POS register app on your iPad.
Use Mint mPOS Merchant Eftpos with Hike
The next step is to set up Mint to work with your Hike session.
- Open your Hike app on the iPad, login is as per normal.
- Click on the hamburger menu button on the top left of your screen
- Click Settings, then click Payment Options
- You will see Mint as an option in Integrated payments, with the word Configure and a slider button next to it
- Click the slider button to the right to activate this payment option on the iPad
- Now click on the word Configure to open configuration settings
- On the pop-up window, you will be asked to log in to your Mint account with your email and password
Your Mint device is now connected to your iPad.
When you go to the Enter Sale screen, and the client chooses an item to pay, you will be presented with the normal options of cash, etc, as well as Mint.
Trouble Shooting Mint mPOS Merchant Eftpos with Hike
- Currently, your Mint device and Hike can only be used with iPad, not with PC or Mac
- When using your Mint mPOS device with Hike, your iPad will require an active internet connection at all times to work.
- If your Mint device disconnects, hold the green Tick button to re-activate your Bluetooth connection.
- If you have any queries regarding the connection or use of Mint, please use Hike's chat service to ask your query.
- If you have any queries regarding the fees and charges or faults with the physical device, please contact the Mint team via their website at http://www.mintpayments.com/