In this section we will add a supplier.
Start from the Supplier section, and click on the +ADD SUPPLIER button.
The following screen will slide out with the sections to be completed
Company nameThe only mandatory field, though if you are integrating with third party programs, they may require additional details.
Hike recommends also recording an email address as a minimum
Company name appears on Purchase Order
Reminder - you can add a Supplier as contact, such as Accounts Dept, but mark it as inactive, so it will not be an option when sending Purchase Orders, however, you may wish to label this entry as Company name-Accounts Dept to maintain clear records
Supplier codeThis optional field does not appear on Purchase Orders, or other records. If you are integrating with third party programs, you may wish to add a Supplier code as required by their program.
Note, if the code is incorrect, it may prevent Hike from syncing with your program.
PhoneOptional field to record Supplier phone number
Phone number appears on Purchase Order
WebsiteOptional field to record Supplier website
MAILING ADDRESS / PHYSICAL ADDRESS
- The address is an optional section, however this does appear on Purchase Order
- Complete the first address, completing as many or few fields as you wish
- If it is the same for both, tick the box to duplicate
- The optional Note field is only for internal reference
- The Note text only appears when editing, and on the Supplier section in Description field
First nameOptional field for first name, though can be anything up to 50 characters long
Last nameOptional field for last name, though can be anything up to 50 characters long
MobileOptional field for mobile
- Optional field to set the default tax on the Purchase Orders
- You can still change the tax on the Purchase Order, this just pre-fills your preferred choice
- Choose the appropriate tax from the drop down list
- If no appropriate tax rate, simply save your progress & go to Store Setup > Tax Rules to create
- When done click the SAVE button
- Can always return to edit details later
- If SAVE button is greyed out, means you have not added Company Name, the only mandatory field