This Payment type section follows how to add a Payment type.
For specific instructions on integrating card readers, refer our Hardware > Card Payment Processors section of our support articles.
Let's look at the options on the screen.
+ ADD PAYMENT TYPE BUTTON
Click the + ADD PAYMENT TYPE button to commence the steps to add another payment type.
There is no restriction on the number of payment types you can create, however, when you create a payment type, a tile will appear on the Enter Sale screen to click on to complete payment.
Having too many options may make it inconvenient for your staff to complete transactions.
ADD PAYMENT TYPE
This slide out screen allows you to add more Payment types.
Payment nameThe name of the payment method linked to the type
- Type in the name of the Payment method
- This entry will appear on the Enter Sale screen as an option to complete payment
- This entry will appear on the Shift Report as a row to note separate type of payment received
- This entry will appear on the Payments Report as a row to note separate payment(s) received
TypeYou can have multiple payment methods, but linked to certain payment types
- Example, can have payment method: Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, Payment type: card
- There may be configuration required if using an integrated card reader.
- Choose a Payment Type from the drop down list
Are you making this payment type available at all registers? tick boxApplicable if you have multiple registers or outlets, choose your option:
- A drop down list will appear, allowing you to choose which register you wish to offer this option - may be applicable if you want some registers cash only
Yes, all registersTick this box to make this option available at all outlets
No, selected outlets onlyTick this box to make this option available at all outlets