A duplicate of this article is listed in the Products > Gift cards list of guides
You can only sell a Gift Card if it has been activated. If you do not see this option, refer the article: Activate Gift Card function for Hike
TO SELL A GIFT CARD
- Go to Point of sale > Enter Sale
- Click on Gift Card button (next to search field, top of screen)
- A GIFT CARD NUMBER window will slide out -
- Type in the unique numbers or letters you wish to assign*
- Once you do, on the same screen you will be asked to enter the monetary value of the card
- You can change either value, when done, click the ADD TO CART button
- You have now been returned to the Enter sale screen to complete payment for the card
- Whilst not essential, we recommend adding a customer to the sale
- You have the option of applying a Discount to the sale**
- Click the PAY button to finalise payment
- Select payment method (CASH, CARD, etc)
- Click email receipt button or print receipt button or Add New Sale (the receipt will not show the Gift Card number, only that a Gift card has been purchased)
The below video follows the entire process of selling a Gift Card to Purchasing with a Gift Card
*GIFT CARD NUMBER
You can enter a gift card number as you like, up to 30 characters.
It can be a unique or sequential number, a mix of numbers or letters, or words, including special characters such as spaces.
This number/letter/code would need to be entered again at the time of checkout while redeeming. If the code is wrongly entered, you will not be able to proceed, so please be carefulif you create a unique coding system.
**APPLY DISCOUNT TO SALE
Like any other product, you can apply a discount to the sale of the Gift Card. The gift card will still retain the same value, but the customer can pay any amount you decide. All Gift Cards are sold tax free.