- This article explains how to create a credit limit for Customer to purchase On Account.
- If you want to learn how the customer repays their credit limit, see this article: Managing credit limit for Customer.
- If you want to learn how the customer makes a purchase on account with their credit limit, see this article: Place a Hike Sale on Account
Having an account with Hike allows shoppers to put items on credit, and pay the balance at a later stage, just like you would have a credit card, and pay the balance at a later stage. Perhaps you sell office supplies to local businesses, or run a staff cafeteria, where purchases can be made, then settled later.
With Hike, you can set up individual customers to be able to purchase items on account, then repay that account at a later stage. We will go through the steps to do just that.
Activate On Account Sales
To use this feature you have to enable it first.
- Go to Store Setup > General > General Rules
- Check the ‘Activate On Account’
- Now you can offer On Account sales once you set a credit limit
Set credit limit for On Account sales
- Go to Customers > Customers
- Either add a new customer or edit an existing customer
- Enter the amount in the Credit limit field
- The customer can now purchase at any time, up to this limit, when you choose the payment type as On Account.