How to edit Customers in Hike
Just like adding, you can edit customers in Hike two different ways, with the same end result. You can add customers directly to a sale, then edit their details on the Enter Sale screen, or you can edit customers under the Customers section in Hike.
Viewing Customers summary
After a customer has been created, you can view their details by clicking on the customer’s name in Customer section. This section shows you general information about the customer:
- The SALES HISTORY on the right shows past customer transactions.
- If On Account payments outstanding, will see BULK PAYMENTS button to click on to complete payment as mentioned in the article Managing credit limit for Customer to purchase On Account
- The drop down menu will allow you to filter the display to different payment types
- On the left starts with a summary of customer name, address, phone, email, code, group, customer since, and date of birth
- The VIEW button appears here, detailed further below
- Loyalty Points earned
- Credit Balance (monetary amount the customer could spend in store, often given instead of cash refund)
- Average Purchase (total purchases divided by total number of visits)
- Total Purchase (total purchases over their lifetime of being customer)
- Credit Limit (the monetary amount, if any, the customer may purchase on account)
- Outstanding (the monetary amount, if any, the customer has purchased on account that is unpaid)
- Visit this month (how many times customer has visited in the current month)
- Average monthly visits (total store visits divided by how many months has been customer)
Editing customers details
To edit the customer details, simply click on VIEW to see and edit the same details as per the article Add new customer to Hike.
When done, click save.
Explanation of Fields
First NameCan be up to 50 characters long - this is only essential data for Hike
Last NameCan be up to 50 characters long
GenderDefaults to male if no gender was chosen
Date of birthObviously to record birthday, but, whilst you cannot change title, you could use calendar to record any other key date
Company nameCan be up to 50 characters long
Customer groupCan assign to group with pre-set discount rate
Explained in more detail in this article Customer Groups
Must be in format of name@XX.YY, does not need to be verified as legitimate email address
Note, Hike and third-party programs use email to sync. If no email added, entry may be duplicated
If the same email has been used for another customer, cannot use again
PhoneNo preset requirements, any special characters may be used
Street addressCan be up to 50 characters long
City / SuburbCan be up to 50 characters long
State / TerritoryCan be up to 50 characters long
Postal / Zip codeCan be up to 50 characters long
CountryChoose from the drop down list
Customer codeCan be up to 50 characters long
Not used by Hike, only appears here, but available for third party programs that need to sync
Credit limitCustomer can obtain goods up to this credit limit, to be paid back at a later date
Explained in more detail in this article Provide credit limit for Customers
How did you hear about us?Choose from the drop down list
NotesNo character limit
Sign up for loyalty rewards programTick box for customer to join program
Explained in more detail in this section on Loyalty Points.
DELETE THIS CUSTOMERNot a field, but the last item at the bottom of the page.
Click this to delete the customer. A pop-up box will open asking to confirm this action before deleting.