This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to install a Star TSP100LAN for iPad
In order to set up your receipt printer with your iPad you’ll first need to make sure you have all the peripherals needed.
You will need a power cable for the printer and an ethernet cable to plug the printer into your internet router. If you don’t already have an ethernet cable ask your printer supplier to include one when you buy the printer or pick one up from your local electronics store.
Make sure you’ve got some 80mm receipt rolls ready to go. To load your receipt roll open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Connecting your Star TSP100LAN printer to your iPad
Important: These are the instructions for setting up your Star TSP100LAN. The Star TSP100 USB model is not compatible with iPads.
- Plug in the ethernet cable to your router and connect the other end to the printer. The Ethernet port is the port located on the back left-hand side of the printer.
- Next, plug the power cord into the power connector on the printer and into your main (AC) power supply.
Checkpoint 1: At this stage your printer should be connected to your network. Hold down the ‘feed’ button and turn the printer on. This will print two slips. The second slip should have the printer’s IP address if successfully connected.
Your IP address will be different to the one listed in the picture above.
- On your iPad, connect to the WiFi connection in your store
- Open the Hike iPad app and Tap the menu icon. The sidebar will open
- Select Store Setup > Printer
- Press find to get a list of connected printers on the network.
- Tap the green ‘Find’ button. To auto-add your printer select TSP100, if available
- A list of the connected printers will be shown
- Turn the TSP100 option to Green, this will connect Hike to the printer
- Run a test sale to ensure your setup is successful