Importing your Customers via CSV file
You can upload your CSV file to Hike, or download the template to complete a spreadsheet.
Hike CSV checker will look for some of the most common import errors in your CSV file before it imports into your store.
How does it work?
When you choose to add or update customers using a CSV file, Hike will run a quick check on your CSV file. It will check for any formatting issues or errors such as column headings and mandatory fields and let you know if any of these errors are present in your CSV file.
Hike will import all the working entries, and give you the on-screen option of editing all the entries with errors.
How do I do it?
To validate and import your customer CSV you must first navigate to the Hike customer page in the sidebar. Once there, follow these steps:
- In the Customer section, click on IMPORT/EXPORT Button
- You will be able to upload your spreadsheet, or offered to download the CSV template to complete
- When uploading the file, a window will slide out with two columns
- On the left is the column headers in your file
- On the right are the column headers that Hike uses
- If any Hike column headers are incorrect or unknown, use the drop down menu to change