Hike allows you to easily add, edit or manage product types on your POS register.
To add a new Product type
- Go to Products > Product Types
- Click Add Type button on top-right to add a new type.
- Complete the fields and click Save when done
Product typeThe name given to the Product type
Parent typeUnder development for future grouping
Display orderThe sequence from left to right the Product types display on the Enter sale screen (if two or more Product types share the same Display order, they will then be sorted alphabetically)
Add ImageYou can add an image for internal reference, but it will not display anywhere else within Hike
Manage Product types
From the Product types page you can control your product types.
- On the main page where product types are listed (as shown above) you can click on the tick or cross in the Active? column to turn on or off the display of the Product type on the Enter sale screen
- By clicking on the name of the Product type, you can edit all the settings when you created the Product type. Once done, click the SAVE button
- To change Type name, simply type in the new name. All data associated under the old name will still be linked under the new name
- To change Parent type, just choose another option from the drop down menu
- Change the Display Order by changing the number. By default it will be 0, but can be any number depending where you wish to see the product on the Enter Sale screen
- Click on the image, or ADD IMAGE word to change the image. Note you can only change, not delete the image