AllReceipts: Digital Receipt App
Included in your mPOP is a free retail application in Star Micronics’ AllReceipts Cloud Function, which enables customers to store and manage their receipts on their mobile device.
With the AllReceipts app, users can save copies of their mobile receipts on their preferred mobile device anonymously and for free. Unlike other electronic receipt apps or e-receipts, users won’t need an email address to store and manage their receipts digitally.
Simply put, customers can claim their digital receipt by scanning the QR code at the bottom of their printed receipt using the AllReceipts app. AllReceipts will also allow you to organize your paperless receipts by date or retailer of choice and is available on all Star Micronics printer models.
AllReceipts also acts as an excellent device management tool for retailers by providing information such as print status, low-paper, and operational notifications. With features such as Engage NOW, Receipt Flip, and real-time feedback based on customer satisfaction, you can use the app as a digital marketing tool as well.
Note: Star Micronics AllReceipts is currently available for Hike on the iPad via the Star mPOP printer.
The AllReceipts app is FREE and can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Configuring AllReceipts in Hike
- Printing a large logo on Star Receipt Printer
Configuring AllRecipts in Hike
To enable AllReceipts function on your mPOP you will need to begin by drawing up the Hike menu on your iPad and select Settings.
Once selected, click on Hardware and select your mPOP printer – which should be titled Primary Printer.
Here you will find a list of your mPOP settings. Scroll down to the bottom to where it says AllReceipt – Cloud Receipts.
Toggle this button ON, which will then enable the process to activate Star Micronics’ AllReceipts function.
Once selected, you will need to sign in with Star Cloud Services with your User Name and Password.
If you have not already signed up for Star Cloud Services you will need to do so from their website, which you access here.
Once you have entered in the details click on Registration.
A pop-up will then appear indicating whether you have succeeded in logging in to Star Cloud Services, and again to say that that the registrations have been completed.
Click OK on both pop-ups to finalize the registration process.
From there, you will be taken back to Hike POS’s mPOP screen, where you’ll notice two new options under AllReceipts:
- QR Code – Toggle this button ON if you’d like a QR code to appear at the bottom of the receipt so that customers can claim their digital receipt, simply by scanning the code.
- Info – Toggle this button ON if you’d like information about the printer displayed on screen.
Now, when you finish adding a payment for a transaction, you can choose to a normal print or a cloud print. The cloud print will print a normal receipt based on the currently active receipt template as well as the QR Code and/or Info as per AllReceipts.
Now you and your customers can download the App from the App Store or Google Play Store, and scan the QR code from the App to save an electronic copy into your smart devices.
Printing a large logo on Star Receipt Printer
If you find that your logo does not appear large enough on your receipt when printing (using your Star Micronics Receipt printer), you may be able to adjust its size.
The following instructions to do this are taken from the Star Micronics website to use with their printers. This is not a service that is provided by Hike.
If you have any concerns with the overall outcome we will try to assist you, though we may refer you to Star Micronics to resolve any complications.
Note: This solution is only for Windows PC, and only for a single PC. If you have more than one PC registered in your store to print receipts, you need to repeat these steps for each PC.
What you will need:
- JPEG file of your logo
- Star Receipt Printer (Must be supported by Star"™s configuration application)
- Windows Operating System
- Star Configuration Software installed.
What to do
- Open the Star Micronics Configuration software on your PC.
- If not already downloaded go to:
- Choose the right settings for your printer configuration
- Download and install
- Go to Image List, add your logo image into the list and give a name to it.
- Go to "Logos & Cropping", click "Add" under "Top Image List", choose the image you added in last step. Click Apply Changes to save your progress.
- Open the web page of your Hike account.
- Go to Store Setup > General Rules, and un-tick the option Display line items on Receipt. Click SAVE to continue.
Once these steps are completed, your logo will be enlarged on the receipt.