This article goes over the best practice on how to use the Barcode reader with the mPOP Cash Draw/Printer.
1. Connect the barcode reader to mPOP
- When the connection is performed while mPOP is turned on, the power to the barcode reader will also turn on, and the setup will finish automatically.
- When the barcode reader turns on, a melody is played.
2. Read a barcode
- Press the trigger switch while the scanner window is facing the barcode.
- When it has been properly read, the LED will light up blue once, and a beep will be heard.
Be careful during the reading of a barcode to not look into the scanner window or not have it facing somebody’s eyes.
List of supported barcode standards
The following barcode standards are supported.
UPC-A UPC-E EAN-13 EAN-8 Codabar/NW7 Code-128 Code-93 Code-39 Code-11 Interleaved 2 of 5 (ITF) Industrial 2 of 5 Matrix 2 of 5 MSI/Plessey UK/Plessey Telepen RSS RSS Limit RSS Stack RSS Expansion Limit RSS Expansion Stack