The DYMO 450 Turbo LabelWriter lets you customize and print up to 71 four-line address labels per minute, as well as shipping, file folder and barcode labels and more, straight from your Windows PC. This versatile piece of equipment is a great choice for any business.
Here is Hike's How-To Guide for setting up your DYMO 450 Turbo LabelWriter for your Windows PC.
Before you get started
First of all, it is important to be aware that some DYMO LabelWriters manufactured after April 2014 require an update from DYMO in order to work with USB 3.0 ports. For more information, head over to their website.
You should also ensure that the labels that you have bought are compatible with Hike. Although DYMO supports a wide variety of label sizes when used with Hike we recommend 11352 DYMO labels for your printing needs.
To get your printer set up and ready to start printing barcode labels there are just three areas that need to be addressed.
- Installing the DYMO drivers
- Setting the print preferences in Windows
- Select the label printing format in Hike
Step One: Installing the DYMO drivers
Printer software, otherwise known as drivers, is essential for your PC to be able to communicate with your DYMO printer. Once it has been installed, you will be able to print labels directly from Hike.
- Firstly, download the software from the DYMO website.
- Once the software has finished downloading, open it and follow the DYMO Setup Wizard to install it. The Wizard pop-up will look something like this:
- Connect your DYMO label printer to your computer using the USB cable provided.
- Load your labels into the printer. If you aren't sure how to do this, then please refer to the DYMO 450 Turbo instruction manual. You can also find a copy on the Manuals tab on the DYMO website.
Step Two: Setting the print preferences in Windows
Again, this is super-easy to do.
- Open the Start menu on your desktop and navigate your way to the Control Panel.
- From here, open the Devices and Printers sub-menu by double-clicking on the icon.
- Right-click on the DYMO printer and select Printer Properties.
- Once in the Printer Properties window, there should be an option called Preferences at the bottom. Click on this and then choose Advanced on the menu that appears on the right-hand side.
- This will open a window. You will be able to verify that the paper is set to exactly the same type of label you loaded into your printer earlier on.
Printing a label in Hike
Now you are ready to get started, so let's do a test run! Go to your Hike store and choose a product to print a barcode for. Choose your label type and then click Print.
When the Print Preview screen pops up, click on more settings and choose the Paper Size drop-down. Find the size code of the label that you are using, select it and click print
Ideally, when doing a test run you should print out a run of at least 5-10 barcodes or more to ensure that the alignment is completely perfect. It can be a time-consuming mistake if not!
As well as batch-printing barcodes, you can also print single labels for individual products by choosing the Print Label button on each individual product page.
That's it, simple, right? Get started printing those labels right now, what are you waiting for?