In this example we are using the Star Micronics TSP650II Bluetooth Printer; though similar steps will apply for the Star Micronics TSP654 model and STAR SM-S220i model.
Setting up your Star TSP650II Bluetooth printer for iPad
Turn on your printer
- Make sure that your printer is connected to an AC outlet (the standard AC adapter and power cord is recommended)
- Turn on the power switch, located on the left side of the printer. The power lamp on the front side should be on
Pair your printer and your iPad
- Open settings on the iPad
- On the iPad, on the left side tap on ‘Bluetooth’ and make sure it’s on (if the slider is grey, just tap on it to make it green)
- On the iPad under ‘Devices’ you will see the Star Micronics name, but for now, if you shouldn’t be able to pair it
- On the Printer press and hold the PAIR button on the back of the printer for 5 seconds or more, and then release it. The LED to the left of it will flash green. Keep in mind that pairing will be possible for 60 seconds from when LED begins flashing green.
- On the iPad tap on Star Micronics under ‘Devices’ to pair it with your iPad. After pairing, the LED on the Printer will begin flashing blue and your iPad will show Star Micronics as ‘Connected’
Set up the Bluetooth printer in HikePOS application
- On the iPad, open Hike application
- Tap on the Menu icon on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the slide menu
- On the settings page select ‘Printer’
- Tap on the slider in front of the Star Micronics to make it on (if you don’t have Star Micronics, use the ‘Find’ button on the top to search for the available devices)
Setting up your Star TSP650II Bluetooth printer for Windows or Mac
- Install the Printer Drivers
- Go to the Star Micronics website http://www.starmicronics.com/ and search for Star Micronics Printer Specifications page for the TSP650II model
- Click on the box to the right, being Download Drivers, then ensure you choose the right computer (Windows or Mac) and the right interface, being Bluetooth.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the software
- From the same page, click on the tab Manuals. Use the same settings to download the User Manual for your printer. You will need this to connect your computer to the printer
- Follow the instructions in the manual to pair your printer to the computer via Bluetooth. You will find this very similar to the steps for the iPad. Once your computer is paired to the printer, you can print receipts from Hike.