The Payment types section gives an overview, from which you can manage your settings.
Lets look at the options on screen.
+ ADD PAYMENT TYPE BUTTON
Clicking the + ADD PAYMENT TYPE button will commence the steps to add another payment type.
There is no restriction on the number of payment types you can create, however, when you create a payment type, a tile will appear on the Enter Sale screen to click on to complete payment.
Having too many options may make it inconvenient for your staff to complete transactions.
PAYMENT TYPES TABLE
This table displays all your payment methods, with the option to edit.
Payment nameThe name of the payment method linked to the type
- Click the name to edit any payment method except Cash
- Cash Payment cannot be edited or deleted
StatusWhether or not the payment is functional
All setMeans payment type functional
Configuration requiredPayment type not yet available
- Typically configuration required if integrating Tyro or Vantiv with web connection
- Can click on the status line to open configuration settings
TypeYou can have multiple payment methods, but linked to certain payment types
- Example, can have payment method: Visa, AMEX, Mastercard, Payment type: card
Active?Displays whether the payment type is currently active or not
- Click on TICK button to make type active
- Payment type will appear when finalising transaction from Enter Sale screen
- Click on CROSS button to deactivate type
- Payment type will not appear when finalising transaction from Enter Sale screen