Also known as item modifiers, options or variants, allow you to add variations on your product for customers to select from. Popular examples of product options include colours, sizes and material. It can even be numbers. For example, if you run a coffee shop, options you will offer to your customer for a latte will be:
- What milk would you like? Options: Regular, Soy, Skinny
- How many sugars? Options: 1, 2, 3 (really 3?)
Modifiers applied to items will display on your order screen, customer’s receipts.
Creating Product Options
- Go to Products > Products
- Click on add product
- Select Products with variants under Product Type
- Now simply select add variant at the end and enter options separated by comma
Note: about Inventory
If you have activated inventory management for your products, Hike lets you manage inventory down to a product variant level. Sweet!