- This section will assist to start a Hike sale on Lay-by. For steps how to complete a lay-by see this article: Complete a Hike sale on Lay-by
- To use this feature you may need to be granted access, if you are not the Administrator
- The Lay-by function will also have to be activated to be used by the Administrator
You may wish to offer your customers a Lay-by option, where they can pay a deposit, then pay some or all of the balance at a later date. To do so, you will need to ensure Lay-by has been activated, and you will need to assign the sale to a customer.
Go to Store Setup > General > General Rules
Check the ‘Activate Lay-by’
To place a sale on lay-by:
- Make sure that the customer is added to the sale on the Enter Sale screen
- Click the PAY button
- Type in the Amount Tendered, if any
- Click the LAYBY button and you will be prompted to print the receipt as normal.
(If the LAYBY button is not visible, ensure a customer has been assigned to sale. If no customer, close the window, assign customer to sale, then click the PAY button)
To complete the Lay-by sale, see the article: Complete a Hike sale on Lay-by