This article duplicated from the Sales history > How to refund a completed sale guide.
These steps will refund a completed sale.
You would follow these steps if the customer was returning an item or getting a refund.
If you had made an error creating the sale, see our guide How to Delete or Void Completed Sales and Parked Orders
WARNING: ONCE YOU REFUND A SALE, THIS CANNOT BE UNDONE
How to refund a completed sale
- Go to Point of Sale > Sales History and find the completed order that you want to refund
- Find the Completed order to be refunded, and click on the Sale # number or Outstanding status to open
- On the open Sales history order, click on Refund Sale
- The order will now re-open on the Enter Sale screen with a key difference.
If you wish to add items back to inventory, tick the box "Add items back to inventory"
Note, if you wish to refund via Store Credit, you must assign the customer to sale now.
- Clicking Refund will open the below screen, where you can choose how to refund the funds.
Note, you will only be able to offer store credit if you already assigned a customer to the sale.
- The Sales History will now reflect the original purchase and the refunded purchase
The below video shows the process from start to finish.