Hike offers built-in integration with BigCommerce. Connect your Hike store with BigCommerce to seamlessly integrate your in-store Hike POS and BigCommerce eCommerce store.
Integrating the two will give you complete management control of data synced between the two platforms, including:
- Product details & variants
- Product categories
- Customer profiles
- Sale transactions
- Payment history
Important note before the integration
- For the first time sync, the data will sync in one go, any data added in after the integration will go one by one. So we recommend you to have your data nice and clean in one platform before the integration, it will boost the sync process.
- Hike does not allow duplicate SKU neither Barcode, please make sure there is no duplicate SKU or Barcode in BigCommerce before the integration.
- Since after the integration any data modification will update between tow platforms, we highly recommend you to take a back up of the most up to date data before you start the integration. Please check how to export product from Hike, you can also export from BigCommerce.
- Apply tax rule: as both Hike and BigCommerce have different tax setting options, please make sure they are consistent in both platforms. Which means if the price you entered in BigCommerce is retail price inc tax, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax inclusive prices” ticked. If you entered price ex-tax price in BigCommerce, you need to make sure in Hike general setting you have “Tax inclusive prices” un-ticked example as below:
- Any Hike gift card, discount offers and loyalty point will not sync with BigCommerce.
- Integrate BigCommerce with other platforms may affect the sync with Hike, for example third party changing price, SKU or barcode. Please test this thoroughly before the integration.
- Once your Hike and BigCommerce is integrated and synced, please do not delete the integration and re-integrate unless you are looking to start from scratch, if you are facing any issue please feel free to contact our support team.
Here, you will find a step-by-step guide on how to integrate your BigCommerce website with your Hike POS. You’ll activate the integration in 2 main steps:
- Connect Hike & BigCommerce
- Apply setting rules
To get started, make sure that you’ve logged into both Hike & BigCommerce
Connect Hike & BigCommerce
- In Hike, open the Store Setup tab, and click on Integrations.
- From there you will find a list of applications to which Hike connects to. Integrate your BigCommerce account, by clicking on Activate to the right of the BigCommerce icon.
- You will then be taken to Hike profile page on your BigCommerce app store.
- Click on Install next to the Hike icon, and Confirm access to Hike.
If you haven’t logged into BigCommerce, you will be asked to do so
- From here BigCommerce will ask you to sign into Hike, to connect your online store.
You’ll be asked to Sign in With Hike Credentials.
Upon clicking on the Log In button, you’ll land on the Hike Integrations page. You’ll notice that next to the BigCommerce Integration row, the Activate option has been replaced with Manage option, which means you have successfully activated the Hike + BigCommerce connection.
Now it’s time to provide your sync settings
Once your connection with BigCommerce is active, you’ll be automatically redirected to the BigCommerce settings screen. In future, you can revisit the settings by clicking on the Manage settings as shown in the screen below:
On the BigCommerce settings screen you’ll be able to establish exactly how you want your Hike & BigCommerce pairing to work.
Hike Outlet for Inventory Sync
Select the outlet/physical inventory location your BigCommerce store will draw inventory from. It could be one of your outlets or a central warehouse you dispatch online orders from.
Do you keep separate inventory for online sales?
If so, create a new outlet in Hike, name it ‘eCommerce’ or any other name that works for you and link it here. This way, Hike will track your online sales and orders as a separate outlet.
Your online orders will link with your selected outlet and will appear under its ‘order history’.
When you receive an online order, it will appear in this outlet’s order history as a ‘parked’ order. Now you can pick-n-pack the order using your Hike register and once dispatched mark it as complete in Hike. Hike will update the status back to BigCommerce.
This way, you’ll only need to use one system to manage ALL your orders – online and in-store.
Hike’s retail price is BC’s Price Type
BigCommerce presents 3 different price options for sales: Price, Retail Price & Sale Price. Here, Hike is asking you which BigCommerce price type you will use to sync between Hike and Big Commerce. BigCommerce allows you to edit the pricing of your product in those three ways.
This is the final price that the product is being sold for. Will apply to both Hike’s in-store sales and BigCommerce’s online sales if selected.
This is the price you create/edit against the product in BigCommerce, however
- Hike will update the price overall, or this Retail Price field if being used
- Any discounts in BigCommerce will reduce the final sale price in BigCommerce
This is the price you create/edit against the product in BigCommerce however
- Hike will update the price overall, or this Sale Price field if being used
- Any discounts in BigCommerce may not apply as this is the final sale price in Big Commerce. Check your setting and consult with BigCommerce for further clarification
Caption: The Product pricing list as it appears on BigCommerce (top) the drop-down box as it is seen in Hike (bottom).
Select Hike register for payments
Check this box if you’d like to track and reconcile your online order payments in Hike. Checking this box will bring up a drop-down box of all the registers in your chosen outlet.
From now onwards, when you close the cash register at end of the day/shift, it will also include the BigCommerce payment in the daily receipt summary. You can revisit this summary at any point in time to verify payments against the online order dispatches.
Hike Tax / BigCommerce Tax
‘Hike tax’ lists all the sales tax options set in Hike. ‘BigCommerce tax’ lists all the tax options already set in BigCommerce. Map the correct tax so that when orders are synced, the tax amounts are matched correctly.
To correctly map tax classes in both systems, we suggest you create all relevant taxes in Hike and BigCommerce both and map those on this screen.
This is where you’ll select how your data is synced, and managed between Hike and BigCommerce.
BigCommerce -> Hike
There are different sync settings you can select based on your requirements. We’ll explain how each can be synced to and from Hike, with examples below:
Update inventory in Hike when an order is created in BigCommerce
When order placed in BigCommerce, it will update the product inventory involved in that order in Hike at the same time
- To apply this setting; you need to make sure the products included in this sale are already synced to Hike
- If this setting is off your inventory may not match between Hike and BigCommerce
- If this setting was off, and later on turn it back on, please make sure reconcile your stock in both Hike and BigCommerce
Send full BigCommerce order to Hike and save in Hike's sales history
When order placed in BigCommerce, the order will sync to Hike, and you can check it in Hike sales history.
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure all the products and customer included in this sale are already synced to Hike, if there is any un-synced item in this sale, it will not sync
- Draft order in BigCommerce will not sync to Hike
- Hike will only take the new sales processed after the integration, any pre-existing sale in BigCommerce will not sync
Send new products created in BigCommerce to Hike
Any new product created in BigCommerce will sync to Hike
Note: If you are planning to delete any already linked product, you need to delete on both platforms.
Update inventory in BigCommerce when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike
The stock will update in BigCommerce if there is any sale, purchase order or stocktake processed in Hike.
- Manual stock adjustment for the products will update only from Hike to BigCommerce; any manual stock adjustment happened in BigCommerce will not update in Hike, so we strongly recommend to manage your stock in Hike
- To apply this setting, you need to make sure the products already synced to BigCommerce
- Hike supports fraction sale feature, however, BigCommerce does not support it. If you are going to sell your products in fraction in Hike it will cause the problems with the stock level. Please consider carefully and test thoroughly before the integration
Send new products in Hike to BigCommerce
Any new product created in Hike will sync to BigCommerce if they have eCommerce channel active in Hike like below (you will find how to activate it from Product support)
- The composite product will not sync to BigCommerce but individual products included in this composite product will show in BigCommerce as individual products
- If you are planning to delete any already linked product, you need to delete on both platforms
Once you have this option ticked, you will see at the bottom of the page showing an extra option like below. Please select your preferred option for the category sync
Product SKU Reference
Hike uses the product (Stock-Keeping Unit) as a unique identifier for your products. This is standard practice for most leading accounting, POS and eCommerce platforms for the retail industry. However, some eCommerce applications do allow to create products without SKUs. To solve this discrepancy Hike lets you choose one of the following two options:
Sync non-SKU products to Hike and auto-assign SKU numbers
Selecting this option will trigger Hike to automatically create SKU numbers for products that are being added, but do not have an existing SKU.
Do not sync non-SKU products and their sales orders
Selecting this option will NOT add products that do not have SKUs. Enabling you to create them first in your integrated platform manually.
The customer is 2-way sync by default.
Once you’ve completed all the necessary steps, it’s time to save and start syncing. Click on the Save button at the top to go on.
If the Save button is greyed out, it means you have not completed a step. Ensure you have completed everything on the page, before moving on.
Please be advised that syncing your data across may take some time (depending on the number of products and customers you have in system).
1. How the variant product will sync between Hike and BigCommerce?
Hike to BigCommerce: If it is a variant product in Hike all the variants will sync to BigCommerce and list as variant options under one product.
If it is a simple product in Hike, it will sync to BigCommerce as a simple product.
BitCommerce to Hike: if it is a variant product in BigCommerce, it will sync as a variant product in Hike.
If it is a simple product in BigCommerce, it will sync to Hike as a simple product
2. How the different fields are mapped between Hike and BigCommerce?
Hike product name: BigCommerce Name
Hike SKU: BigCommerce SKU
Hike Barcode: BigCommerce UPC
Hike variants: BigCommerce variants
Hike description: BigCommerce description
Hike track inventory for this product: BigCommerce inventory tracking method
Hike cost price: BigCommerce Cost
Hike retail (ex. tax): depends on your tax setting rule, please refer to Apply tax rule
Hike retail price (inc. tax):depends on your tax setting rule, please refer to Apply tax rule
Hike stock: BigCommerce stock
Hike product types: BigCommerce categories
Hike brand: BigCommerce brand name
3. How the BigCommerce payment method will display in Hike once synced?
No matter what sort of payment you applied for a Sale in BigCommerce, it will show the payment name as “BigCommerce” once synced to Hike
4. If I have a sale in Hike including products having eCommerce sales channel active as well as inactive, will it update my stock in BigCommerce or not?
Yes it will update the stock for your product in BigCommerce if you have ticked the option “Update inventory in BigCommerce when a sale, purchase order or inventory take is created in Hike
5. If I don’t want to sync a particular product to BigCommerce, what should I do?
You can simple untick the sales channel “eCommerce” in Hike for that product. Please note, if you mark this product as inactive in Hike but still tick “eCommerce”, it will still sync to BigCommerce.
6. How the shipping charge will display in Hike?
If the shipping charge is added for sale in BigCommerce, it will be added as an extra line in Hike invoice like in the below. The shipping tax based on the general tax setting, Hike will take only the total of the shipping.
7. How do I quickly find the liked product from Hike in BigCommerce?
Once you finalise the integration with BigCommerce, you will see a sync icon next to each of them in the product list, simply click on the sync icon you will see the sync log. Then click on the BigCommerce icon on the top right corner it will direct you to BigCommerce page with the linked product.8. If I have a plug-in in my BigCommerce account, will it sync?
No, Hike is not syncing any update came from the plug-in with the third party.